[joomla] Automated backup of Joomla with the feature of JoomlaPack?

David A. Roth davidalanroth at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 02:34:28 EST 2008

I have a cron job on Linux that runs to do an external backup, and I would
like to include the functionality of JoomlaPack to do the same, but run
automatically without the need of an Admin. For those that don't know,
http://www.joomlapack.net/, backups the entire Joomla web site and MySQL
database into a single restorable .zip file. It is also a good utility to
use if you want to make a backup for your Joomla development before you try
out something new on it.
Anyone have suggestions? Or are people simply doing a tar and a MySQL dump
for script run backups of Joomla? Thanks!

David Roth