[joomla] GoDaddy for Joomla hosting?

Donna Marie Vincent donnamarievincent at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 08:54:41 EST 2008

Unless you have a small, static website, stay away from Godaddy.  I used to use them for my clients on a tight budget, but it's not worth it.  They don't do backups, yet they also don't allow you to ftp to a remote server or to schedule cronjobs, so all your backups have to be manual and if something happens to the server it's your problem.  They outsource their database server and it's slow.  It's a hassle to get into phpmyadmin -- you have to go through your account, so if you have someone else working on the site they need access to your entire Godaddy account.