[joomla] seo benefit from presentation

Mark Simko masimko at verizon.net
Fri Oct 17 11:38:06 EDT 2008

Since Google elevates page relevance based upon outside links to a site,
it would benefit the presenters if the description of their presentation
linked back to their website.

Additional advantage could be gained by linking keywords in the
description back to specific pages within their website, and not just
the home page.

It might be too much to expect the site maintainer to do all of this.
Perhaps the presenter can give a description to use. keyword links could
either be indicated by submitting the description in html, or the
presenter could go in and edit the description to make the keyword links
afterward.

It seems to me that presenters should get some benefit from the work
they put in to making our meetings interesting and worthwhile

Mark