[joomla] logistics for installfest

Mark Simko masimko at verizon.net
Sun Oct 19 15:56:42 EDT 2008

For the planned installfest, what should be required for us to be able
to install for a newcomer?

hosted account?
What operating systems on hosted account

laptop?
What operating systems for a laptop?

Desktop pc?
Again, what operating systems? What would we do for kvm?

Would we be installing linux on laptops and desktops? Would it be easier
to just install vmware server and a virtual machine that has joomla in
such a case?

What about a desktop unit that can be dedicated henceforth as a server?
would we be wiping the hard drive to install linux, apache, php, mysql,
and joomla? I can work with debian and ubuntu. Haven't messed with
redhat for a while. What distro would we be working with?

What about macs? how would we handle those?

Perhaps we should put some time into planning this at the next meeting.

Best regards,
Mark