[joomla] Incorrect Cached URLs

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 01:31:47 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Hans Zaunere <lists at zaunere.com> wrote:

> However, the organization has been having some DNS issues, plus has the
> server has HTTPS access and there is no named based virtual hosting on the
> server.  Thus at times, strange HTTP hits with the wrong or no virtual host
> come to the server, and at times HTTPS hits come to the server.  When the
> cache times out, it's of course rebuilt, but now with the wrong URLs.

Well there you have it ;-)

You're pretty much forced to do some redirects, and setting up named
vhosts goes a long way to making sure the correct requests go to the
correct place - and therefore the correct URLs get cached.

In the 1.0 series I remember you could hardcode the TLD in your
configuration.php, but in 1.5 the fancypants developers outnumbered
the practical developers (blush)

-- Mitch