[joomla] menus disappeared - help

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 17:27:31 EDT 2009

Look for a single quote in one of the text fields of the menu's.  Chances
are that it is blocking that query.

Quickest solution is to export all tables relating to menu's to CSV files
and do a global find for the single quote and the semi colon charector.  If
you find those, manually edit those records and remove them.

Shotgun approach to solving the problem.

Or take a blunderbus approach, export all the menu tables to CSV files and
then truncate/delete all the records and create a new menu with only one
item, then try loading that new menu.  If THAT works than you know for 99%
sure the issue is corruption in the database and you can import the data
back in line by line till you find the break[there should not be TOO many
menu items].

Third solution, enable a different template not from yoo-templates and see
if that works.  It is also within the realm of possibility that there is
something funky in their javascript/css menu drop down effects that is
causing the problem.