[joomla] google listing question

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 10:03:30 EDT 2009

Hi Steve,

I'm not an SEO expert but have learned over the years that content
that is presented in identical fashion on two sites is a bad thing,
and that the second website indexed will be punished for it.

The thinking is that some folks tried to game the system by making
thousands of identical websites with identical content, in order to
overload the top of the list for their chosen keywords. Their plan was
to make sure ALL links on the first page went to one of their
websites, even if all of them were the same.

I'd reconsider republishing content from one site to another - or move
the content from one to the other before the next index from
googlebot.

Maybe another Steve from Atlanta would like to weigh in?

-- Mitch