[joomla] joomla Digest, Vol 36, Issue 8

Donna Marie Vincent donnamarievincent at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 11 10:10:34 EST 2009

>>right now we are just guessing at
>>why newcomers show up

They usually mention that when we go around the room and introduce ourselves.  As people participate in the group, they can add to the discussion and decisions about what we do as a group.

I wouldn't want to see the JUG become a one-sided situation where people only come to pick others' brains for their specific needs.  There's one Meetup group who requires that attendees participate.  I wouldn't go that far because sometimes new people need to get a feel for what's going on before they feel comfortable.

As far as learning Joomla basics and finding out what Joomla is and does, that's what the InstallFest can provide.

iTeachMe(TM) online learning system for Joomla!(R) web development
See us on: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube