[joomla] basics demos

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 15:44:10 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Mark Simko <masimko at verizon.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 10:54 -0500, joomla-request at lists.nyphp.org wrote:
> > Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 07:50:33 -0800 (PST)
>

> >  not to mention the hundreds of other resources out there,
>
> So many! How to choose with such limited time!

The same way you choose what extensions to use.  Look at what other people
in the group are using and pick those when they meet most of your goals
since that gives you a local resource to draw on for help.  :-)

Seriously though, that was the prime motivator for me in forming the group
years ago.  There were just so MANY good components out there, I wanted to
talk to people face to face if I needed help, so I wanted a group to
generate that collective knowledge base to draw on.

By the same token, as long as the help resources are good, I would always
refer to other locals before going out of the state/country.

Not that there aren't a ton of good solutions outside the region, but if I
have a choice I prefer to patronize locals.

----
Hudson Valley Sudbury School
What GPL is for application users
Our school is for students
Help your children grow, change, and learn
Let your child direct, control, amend
Check out http://www.sudburyschool.org