[joomla] Internal linked page loses formatting layouts

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 21:23:59 EST 2009

The editor did not mess it up, the problem is that the template path has
been hard coded to:
templates/rhuk_milkyway/css/ieonly.css

That means that the uri is relative to the base path.  With SEF turned off,
the url will be something like:
http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?somvar=x&othervar=y...

With SEF turned on, the url will be something like:
http://www.mydomain.com/index.php/somemadeupstring.html

in the first case, that makes the base href / and for the second ir was
/index.php/

Turning the urls into one that works and one that doesn't.

This is a problem we enountered when upgrading Joomla 1.0 templates to
Joomla 1.5, you have to insert the correct variable echo before the template
path in order to keep everything working.  Marian was working on writing
that guideline up at some point, did you ever get that finished Marian?  It
was half a dozen or so little tips/tricks we found..they are documented
elsewhere on the web, it was just we hit those specifically and had to
gather them from 2 or 3 sites.

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Leam Hall <leam at reuel.net> wrote:

> Cool, thanks!
>
> Of course, I have no idea how they got that way, unless the editor messed
> it up. Oddness...
>
> Leam
>
> kirill at hostnetservices.com wrote:
>
>> Check the source code for both pages. On Contact Us your path to
>> stylesheet is not correct:
>>
>> <link href="/index.php/templates/rhuk_milkyway/css/ieonly.css"
>> rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
>>
>> Kirill
>>
>> From:
>> Leam Hall <leam at reuel.net>
>> To:
>> NYPHP at lists.nyphp.org, SIG at lists.nyphp.org:Joomla <joomla at lists.nyphp.org
>> >
>> Date:
>> 12/13/2009 03:16 PM
>> Subject:
>> [joomla] Internal linked page loses formatting layouts
>> Sent by:
>> joomla-bounces at lists.nyphp.org
>>

>> Ugh...
>>
>> Working on a small site, added a "Contact Us" page. Clicking the link goes
>> to a page with all the information on it but the menu and module layouts are
>> gone. For example, the left menu has a blue rounded edge on the front page
>> but is just text on the "Contact Us" page.
>>
>>     http://www.ncstateguard.org
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Leam
>>
>> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
>> http://www.nyphpcon.com
>>
>> Show Your Participation in New York PHP
>> http://www.nyphp.org/show_participation.php

>> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
>> http://www.nyphpcon.com
>>
>> Show Your Participation in New York PHP
>> http://www.nyphp.org/show_participation.php

----
Hudson Valley Sudbury School
What GPL is for application users
Our school is for students
Help your children grow, change, and learn
Let your child direct, control, amend
Check out http://www.sudburyschool.org