[joomla] To be polite:

forest mars compustretch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 15:15:54 EST 2009

This issue, direct & official financial compensation to core contributors,
is the subject of passionate debate and was, in fact, the primary focus of
discussion during the Open Source Matters session at Joomla Day East 2009.

Interestingly enough, I didn't hear a lot of discussion about it at the
Joomla Developers Conference earlier this month. But then I was only able to
attend the 2nd day of that conference, so presumably it may have been
discussed earlier.

I am not going to take sides here except to say I hope the conversations can
focus on development methodologies that are specific to Joomla, and not veer
off into general recapitulations of ongoing notions of Open Source business
models. I won't bother to cite examples of other Open Source projects that
don't seem to have such a problem. This last statement is not intended as a
troll, but rather a source of optimism. ;-)

cheers,

Forest Mars
--
"In theory, theory and practice are exactly the same.
In practice, they're completely different."
The New TLDs are Here!
Switch to Name.Space: http://namespace.org/switch
Support new domains & keep free media free! Register yours today!
https://secure.name-space.com/registry