[joomla] Joomla 1.0.x questions

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 14:15:46 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Dan <dan at muchospanish.com> wrote:
> Hi, everyone
>
> I'm using 1.0.x. Two questions:
>
> 1. I have the mod_newsflash set to 5 items in section: newsflash; cat:
> newsflash. I get the same 5 items after each page refresh. I have 25
> articles but it's always the same 5 in the same order. Nothing random.

Check your global settings for cache - that is probably your problem.

> 2. How important is it to upgrade to Joomla 1. 5?

1.0 is slated for EOL (End Of Life) in a few months. Do you really
want to be running a version of Joomla that Joomla itself doesn't even
want to support? They are already switching gears to work furiously on
1.6...

Also note that there are a ton of things you can do in 1.5 that
require total core hacks in 1.0 - moving to 1.5 means you will have a
much easier experience customizing your website and whatnot.

-- Mitch