[joomla] tip on module naming

Mark Simko masimko at verizon.net
Sat Jul 18 14:24:35 EDT 2009

I made two modules for my website, but they would not display. It took
me a while to figure out the problem. At first I thought the problem was
that they had hypertext links to outside sites, or javascript code in
the modules, but that was not the case.

The problems were the names of the modules. In both cases I included
special characters in the name. for instance, you cannot name a module
Joomla!DayNYC 2009. The exclamation point will keep it from displaying.
Likewise, an ampersand in the module name will keep it from displaying.

I found that renaming the modules did not help. In each case I had to
delete the modules and create new ones with names that did not include
special characters.

Don't know if this is an issue with article naming, but would assume so.

--
Mark Simko
msimko at digifix.us
masimko at verizon.net