[joomla] sef issue

Mark Simko masimko at verizon.net
Mon Jul 20 15:29:09 EDT 2009

>Which leads to a barbaric practice known affectionately within the
        >Joomlaverse as "the Hidden Menu." Man, I wished there was a
        more
        >logical way to take over the sitewide router without hacking
        the core.

        >-- Mitch

        >On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 11:25 PM, Donna Marie
        >Vincent<donnamarievincent at yahoo.com> wrote:
        >>
        >> Yes, you can create another menu with the link you want but
        don't
        >publish the menu module for that menu.

        I found two extensions that appear to help solve this problem.
        One is
        JRedirect, and the other is ReDJ. I'm now conflicted as to which
        to use!

        The hidden menu trick sounds like it would be easiest and
        quickest for a
        small number of landing pages, so I'll try that first and test
        the
        others at a later time.

        Thanks so much for the help! Greatly appreciated!

        Mark