[joomla] joomla updater?

Laura Gordon li_gordon at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 4 08:21:08 EDT 2009

I see that joomla has issued a security release, I was going to install magic updater on one of my newer sites, but I can't seem to find it on the joomla extensions list anymore...is it still available?  Is it even recommended to use?  Or is there a better 'updater' out there that someone can recommend.

In the joomla.org forums there are some bad notes about updater and security anyway, so I am thinking of removing it from my other sites...

help!!

thanks,
Laura

www.RytechSites.com
Create Dynamic Websites for your Company with Joomla! CMS
Create Captivating Websites for your Business with HTML/FLASH
....the choice is yours!