[joomla] Shopping Cart

Donna Marie Vincent donnamarievincent at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 4 11:22:17 EDT 2009

My advice -- do not use Virtuemart!  My experience on one site:  When the user was in the checkout process, filled in their billing/account info, clicked on "Continue" to go to the next step, and then on that next page someone else's account info would show up in place of theirs!  Someone from the db totally unrelated to the person checking out.

This happened more than once.  Got calls from people saying they received an Order Confirmation for something they didn't purchase!

On another site it was miscacluating the total cost of the items in the cart.

I do not install Virtuemart on any site unless the client instructs me to because I do not want to be held liable for VM errors.  It is way too buggy for use in e-commerce.  You can't afford to make mistakes with people's money.

I don't know why it's listed as an "Editor's Pick" on JED.