[joomla] IP Hosting and Cached Host Name

Daniel Horning dan.horning at planetnoc.com
Fri Mar 6 11:22:30 EST 2009

You COULD cheat it a bit and setup rewrite rules in .htaccess for any cases
that don't match a list of domains

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.validdomain1\.com #list each domain that
should exist
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^validdomain1\.com #list each domain that should
exist
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.validdomain2\.com #list each domain that
should exist
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^validdomain2\.com #list each domain that should
exist
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.validdomain3\.com #list each domain that
should exist
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^validdomain3\.com #list each domain that should
exist
RewriteRule ^(.*) http://www.defaultdomain.com/$1 [L,R=301] #rewrite to a
default domain

This was my method of making sure that people were on valid domains

Just a thought

--
Dan Horning

American Digital Services - Where you are only limited by imagination.
dan.horning at planetnoc.com :: http://www.americandigitalservices.com
1-518-444-0213 x502 . toll free 1-800-863-3854 . fax 1-888-474-6133
15 Third Street, PO Box 746, Troy, NY 12180 (by appointment only)