[joomla] Limit number of item (page) views

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 14:26:18 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 11:45 AM, forest mars <compustretch at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 9:02 AM, Mitch Pirtle <mitch.pirtle at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is that what you're trying to do?
>

> Yes, and only half surprised no one knows of something like this already out
> there.
>
> (explanation: In this case the client wants only a limited number of views
> to be possible, so they can sell access to content in limited quantities.)

There are tons of subscription extensions out there, now that I
understand what you're trying to accomplish.

> Follow up questions:
>
> 1.How about a download extension for J that allows you to set max downloads?
> (not per user, but max times that content piece itself can be downloaded…)

Maybe RubberDoc or DocMan? ReMository?

> 2. On a more counter-intuitive note, how about an extension that allows you
> to charge users to view banners/ads? If this sounds like just the sort of
> funny thing only I could dream up, it is. Yes, I want to charge people to
> view ads, youze gotta problem wit dat?  :-P

Best of luck on that one. *shrugs*

> Oh, big PS, we are having a 'big' Drupal pre-conference party on Friday
> evening December 4th, at House of Brews on West 51st with complimentary
> food. I've been asked to extend an invitation to any/all attendees of Joomla
> Developer Days that same weekend to attend. I'm talking to Elin about this,
> but just wanted to give everyone a heads up, we have the entire upstairs
> floor for the party.

Sounds like fun. Not sure I'm attending either event - but a pint or
two with good conversation trumps most other possibilities ;-)

-- Mitch