[joomla] Non profit? (Gary Mort)

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 11:45:14 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Jon Dupree <
Jon.Dupree at veritagemarketing.com> wrote:

> The one problem that I am having is that Joomla does not seem to work with
> the Google Calendar very well.  I have tried to insert the Google-supplied
> code in a custom HTML module, as well as an article with the html code, but
> it will not show the calendar.  I am sure there is probably an extension
> available, but why wouldn't a custom html module work?  Any suggestions?

Well, I was not aware there is a problem, but that may explain why the
school web programmer did it the way he did.  He used Google calendar and
set it up as  a popup on the website, instead of loading it inside the
website.  You can check that out on the mainpage,
http://www.sudburyschool.org  , by clicking on the calendar link at the top.

So maybe that would work for you?

Keep in mind the school is in Ulster County, so that means we have a large
number of parents and staff who are primarily artists.    So my problem, and
what got me thinking of this, is that the google calendar interface is just
a little too confusing for them.  Thats why I want to streamline it using
the Google API, so they can enter just 3 fields of data, and I'll use all
the defaults and post it via the API to a google calendar.

---
Hudson Valley Sudbury School
What GPL is for application users
Our school is for students
Help your children grow, change, and learn
Let your child direct, control, amend
Check out http://www.sudburyschool.org