[joomla] Jumi and php help

Ellen Rothwax ellen.rothwax at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 10:42:26 EST 2009

I need help with someone who knows php. I have installed Jumi for
Joomla 1.5. I found a php script for a type of calculator that I want
to use. (I can't write php). It has a form to enter data and then it
returns the results of the calculation in a table. Outside of Joomla
it functions fine. I have tried both putting the script directly in
the jumi component application as well as the path (after uploading
the script file and allowing permissions). The form shows up fine, but
when I try to execute the calculation, it goes to a new page with a
404 error. In the address bar, I see that same string of characters
that I see when it works properly out of joomla, appended to the
domainname/testdirectory/filename.php (filename.php being the action
value of the form) . Of course, that isn't where the php script file
is, it is in the components/jumi_com.files directory. I have tried
putting the script in the root folder but then I get the error "Direct
Access Is Not Allowed". I don't know what I am doing wrong.

You can see the page at  http://tinyurl.com/ykwxsrg
I really hope someone can shed some light on this for me. I have
another project coming up where I will need to use other calculators
and I want to be able to do it in Joomla, but I need to understand
where I am going wrong.
Ellen

--
Ellen Rothwax