[joomla] 404 error when click on preview

Ellen Rothwax ellen.rothwax at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 17:05:42 EDT 2010

I have a weird situation. I have a new install of Joomla on a shared server,
in a test directory. When I am in the administrator back end, which I log in
to with http://www.domainname.com/test/administrator, I have no problem.
BUT, if I click on preview, or type in http://www.domainname.com/test I get
an Error 404 Not Found.
If I add index.php after the test/ I get to my site, but when I click on
Home on the navigation, I get the 404 error page again.
Any ideas? I have 2 other test sites in other test directories on this
server (and 3 databases) and they all work correctly.
I am using Joomla 1.5.15, the host is 1&1.

--
Ellen Rothwax
Web Design and Development