[joomla] Hiding a column on frontpage

Donna Marie Vincent donnamarievincent at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 10:55:10 EDT 2010

As long as you don't have any modules published in that column for that page,
the column should collapse.  Unless you're using a very old template that
doesn't allow for collapsing module positions.

Go to Module Manager and see if there are any modules published to "All" pages.
If there are not, filter the list by the name of the left column (usually
"left"), and open each one to make sure it's not set to display on the home
page.