[joomla] joomla Digest, Vol 38, Issue 3

Herb Tucker htucker at covenanttek.com
Wed Feb 3 17:27:53 EST 2010

Hi Dre,
You will need to modify your .htaccess file in the root directory
(public_html) so the apache server mod_rewrite will point to the
subdirectory.
Check out this article with some info on how to do it;
http://www.drichproductions.com/random-knowledge/rewrite-root-directory-subd
irectory.php

Here is a copy of my .htaccess redirect from a bluehost server;

Hope it works for you :)
Herb T

# Use PHP5 as default
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php
# Bluehost.com
# .htaccess main domain to subfolder redirect
# Copy and paste the following code into the .htaccess file
# in the public_html folder of your hosting account
# make the changes to the file according to the instructions.

# Do not change this line.

RewriteEngine on

# Change yourdomain.com to be your main domain.

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.)?covenanttek.com$

# Change 'subfolder' to be the folder you will use for your main domain.

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/covenanttek/

# Don't change this line.

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

# Change 'subfolder' to be the folder you will use for your main domain.

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /covenanttek/$1

# Change yourdomain.com to be your main domain again.
# Change 'subfolder' to be the folder you will use for your main domain
# followed by / then the main file for your site, index.php, index.html,
etc.

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.)?covenanttek.com$
RewriteRule ^(/)?$ covenanttek/index.php [L]

# This next line of code will prevent the contents of a directory being
# shown if there is no index.html file in the directory

Options -Indexes

Message: 5