[joomla] Server2Go, GONE! How about XAMMP?

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 09:35:07 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Helvécio da Silva
<helvecio.rj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I've been trying out XAMPP in my Mac and it works like a charm! Easy
> installation, easy GUI (could be improved).
>
> Once started, it doesn't matter wether I close or not my browser, it's still
> there.
>
> Database and Joomla installations are a breeze. And I've done those more
> than once just to make sure.
>
> I even realized how EASY it is to work on a Joomla site locally then
> uploading it to a remote server!! ;-D
>

> 2010/1/14 Joomla Training <info at joomlatraining.com>
>>
>> Yes - unfortunately. If you check the support forum, its had the full-on
>> spambot treatment.
>>
>> Apparently the developer got sidetracked by another project, Symfony.
>>
>> Steve

I'm a more hands-on kinda guy, but I can't get enough of macports. I
get everything, even the "hard stuff" that most folks never bother
trying on a Mac. I'd also like to point out to my good friend Gary
Mort that macports has...MongoDB. :-)

-- Mitch, ducking under his desk