[joomla] speaking of dead hard drives

ozzie sutcliffe oz.sutcliffe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 13:22:14 EST 2010

I just had a friend give me a Gateway laptop to fix ..
Dead as a link to CB Simulator on Compuserve
No power no light no nothing power supply is OK

What to do now  ? swap hard drive  to know good machine ..
Drat dreaded 000000000007x error. cause the drivers etc are not even close

http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/index-en.html  get a knoppix live boot CD

You could boot from flash also ..

attach flash drive

Boot live CD select 12
Nice gui interface ( a tad clunky at times ) turn off screensaver.
start
system tools
PCMan File Manager  will give you a file manager which you can move
the files to the flash drive.
Or you can map to a network share etc..

Maybe it a good time to make a txt file with the arcane paths to your
stuff and put it in the C drive makes it easier to find when under
fire  LOL

This is for windows I am sure a Mac is very close to the same except
for different file paths.

Oh if the drive is dead as in physically this will not work , but its
worth a try..

oz