[joomla] Insideschools.org Move to Joomla.

Chris TheEnd chris at theendrecords.com
Wed Jul 7 14:53:20 EDT 2010

Hi,

So I was hired on months back as a freelancer to manage this New York school system site. I wanted to reach out and get some recommendations if Joomla would be up to the task of managing this site.

This current development of the site is a hybrid of using simple machines forum for forum and the user database, and than a wordpress blog. All of this is wrapped together running a custom CMS, and  this crazy index12.php file.

I am tasked with making a development proposals, so i would be looking for componet developers and a graphic designer  hoping to get someone from the list as everyone involved  so far is New York based.

I am wonder anyone else know of site  running joomla that gets  around 7 million page views a year? i am hoping this to increase after the upgrade to over 10 million. I am worried about performance. maybe joomla.org<http://joomla.org>?

Other questions.

The Main focus  of the site are the school profiles

Example: http://insideschools.org/index12.php?fs=1262&all=y

This I could only imagine being a custom built component,  this would need to include an advanced search function example: http://insideschools.org/?f=adv, Search Module, and a recent comments module. (Each school has comments.)

what do you think the estimated Development Costs for a component like this would be.

-----

Anyone from the list have Joomla Template Design experience  want to  send me a few work examples and the layouts and some cost estimates?

-----

I have already talked directly to a few people on this list offering work on this project and it actually comes into a go status I will still contact you directly about it.

I am just trying to get a total estimated cost for the over hual and a feature list of "why" to justify that cost.
Chris