[joomla] joomla Digest, Vol 43, Issue 17

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 14:25:46 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Mark Simko <masimko at verizon.net> wrote:

> Excellent! Gary, can you put this up on the JUG website?

I really want to clean it up a bit before posting it far and wide. :-)

But I've been sitting on my thoughts for about a week and a half now after
doing a bunch of custom coding to get Ubercart to work the way I wanted it
to.  One thing I found nice was that it was a HECK of a lot easier than
Virtuemart to customize...and a LOT more nicely integrated than Magento[in
fact, we are currently using Magento and it completely sucks]

So I figured I'd let em out in case others had their own input on Drupal vs
Joomla....  terminology is a real b......i....t......c.......you know what.
 Since both Drupal and Joomla have "modules" but they do completely
different things.  Plugins in Joomla are self-documenting to an extent,
while hooks in drupal you need to lookup.  The Joomla extensions directory,
for all my complaints, really shines while Drupal's you have to know what
your looking for more clearly.

All in all.... I have a real appreciation for the power of Drupal....but I
still prefer Joomla.