[joomla] Call for presentations/guests, Mid Hudson Joomla User Group meeting

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 12:25:11 EDT 2010

I am getting my but in gear for organizing things upstate and would like to
hold the first Mid Hudson Valley Joomla Users group on Sunday, June 13 and
am likely to stick to a second Sunday of the month schedule.

The meeting will be from 10:30 to 1:30 at the Kingston Branch of Beahive,
http://beahivekingston.com/ located at 314 Wall Street, Kingston NY[in the
old first floor offices of Chronogram, http://www.chronogram.com/ which
partnered with Beahive of Beacon, NY to provide the shared office space in
Kingston and relocated their offices to the second floor].

Kingston is approximately 90 miles/1.5 hours from the city by car - and for
those of you who don't drive, it is conveniently located on the Adirondack
Trailways bus line, http://www.trailwaysny.com  and is 48$ round trip from
NYC to Kingston and then a 2 block walk over to the hive.

In the future I will aim to have the space available for longer, however
this particular Sunday they are hosting a benefit Jazz concert at 4PM,
http://www.meetup.com/BEAHIVE/calendar/13612379/?from=list&offset=0 [to
raise money for the annual sidewalk Jazz Festival held in September in
Kingston].  So for those of you interested in Jazz, you can combine a Joomla
user group meeting with some Jazz in the evening.

Also if there are a number of you coming and your interested in historical
building, Kingston[which hosted the first New York State Senate meeting] is
full of buildings on the national historic registry.  In fact, I just
received an email from the Kingston Digital Corridor group this morning,
http://www.kingstondigitalcorridor.org/ that the Mathew Person house[a few
blocks away from the hive] is now open for touring.
http://www.kingstonnycalendar.org/&urlhash=PqdW&trk=news_discuss/  While
tours are usually held on Saturdays, if a number of you decide to come and
are interested, I can contact them and see if they can have a tour after the
meeting,

Also for those of you with kids, my kids at least enjoy the nearby Forsyth
Nature Center http://www.forsythnaturecenter.org/ as well as spend hours at
the park/playground attached in the same City Park area[personally, I find
animals boooring, but that may come from having been dragged to all these
things over and over as a kid...or maybe I am just boring now...my kids
however have a blast].

So, I will have an official website and announcement up soon, but figured
I'd send out this notice now, especially as I could use some half hour
presentations for the meeting.  :-)