[joomla] Drupal first impression

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 00:25:23 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Donna Marie Vincent <
donnamarievincent at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Gary, are you making these comparisons with Joomla 1.5 or 1.6?
>
> Elin went over some of the changes in 1.6 at our last meeting, and will be
> going over some more features next month.
>
> 1.6 is now Beta 3.
>
> 1.7 will be out 6 months after 1.6.

I'm comparing Drupal 6 vs Joomla 1.5

Right now my money is on Drupal 7 being released before Joomla 1.6.

Both are in beta, Joomla 1.6 will be released "when it is done
testing".....Drupal 7 will be released "when the current bug list queue is
empty plus a few additional tracker items".....

As such, Drupal is a bit more concrete about when it is being released.