[joomla] Joomla on Mac

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 18:22:46 EST 2010

MAMP is good, MAMP PRO is better and will give you all you need for quite a
while.

However, if you really start getting into dev heavily, I am afraid Mitch is
right about MacPorts.  After weeks of struggling and months of installing
"just one" app from source to do something, I am breezing through the
reinstall setup I was dreading using MacPorts.

If you find yourself compiling something from source, it's time to look into
MacPorts.  If your just doing MySQL/PHP MAMP is a solid solution.

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Mitch Pirtle <mitch.pirtle at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Chris TheEnd <chris at theendrecords.com>
> wrote:
> > yes, I use MAMP it is nice.
> >
> > you can go through the trouble with  using the local mysql and php but
> there are problems with it.
> >
> > plus sides to MAMP.
> >
> > easy switch back and forth from php4,5, phpmyadmin  if you like that as
> well.
>
> If you're looking to rock more complex setups like memcache, xdebug
> and whatnot feel free to check out MacPorts:
>
> http://www.macports.org/
>
> Basically gives me the same kind of power and control I'm used to on
> my *nix systems.
>
> -- Mitch

----
Hudson Valley Sudbury School
What GPL is for application users
Our school is for students
Help your children grow, change, and learn
Let your child direct, control, amend
Check out http://www.sudburyschool.org