[joomla] Joomla on Mac

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 15:08:38 EST 2010

Note: XAMPP upgraded to PHP 5.3 in their latest version.    PHP 5.3 /breaks/
many things in many open source applications.  I know Joomla didn't work
under it at one point[it looks like it does, but a few key features would
not].

Hopefully that's changed..but if not, you can download and install a version
of XAMP with PHP 5.2

Grumble...  I was just getting to love MacPorts but everything they have is
geared to PHP 5.3 as well.  I was able to install a PHP 5.2 port, but all
the other packages I wanted[ImageMAgick, Gmagick, etc] install 5.3 specific
versions.