[joomla] Multisite functionality

Sean Scott therealsrs at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 18:43:01 EDT 2010

Hi Brad,

I'm interested in the same functionality and posted just a week before your message with the subject, "National master site to control state sites". I got some good responses from regulars on the list namely Scott, Mitch, and Gary. See the brief summary of their responses below.

I was also referred to another extension by another developer:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/multiple-sites/5550

I hope this helps!

If anyone knows of any sites and especially developers that have worked on these types of sites, please let us know.

Best regards,
Sean
CEO/Founder
SoulRealiS (http://www.soulrealis.com)

-------------------
Scott
may be "building a system for a lead generation which could meet your needs."

Mitch
* one Joomla master
* separate templates for each state
* create a menu (with an unpublished module) linking to each "state" content area

Gary
or something similiar [to Gary], but instead just attach a wildcard DNS record to the website, and use some htaccess magic to transfer ny.mydomain.com --> mydomain.com?template=ny [or whatever the template override code is these days].
Then you just need to add a new template to match the new domain and everything works. :-)