[joomla] Removing name field from user registration

Mark Simko masimko at verizon.net
Mon May 24 13:08:17 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-24 at 11:35 -0400, joomla-request at lists.nyphp.org wrote:
> Message: 7
> Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 10:35:36 -0500
> From: Chris TheEnd <chris at theendrecords.com>
> To: "NYPHP SIG: Joomla" <joomla at lists.nyphp.org>
> Subject: Re: [joomla] Removing name field from user registration
>
> I would agree this is very simple fix, you really shouldn't be hacking
> the core if you don't need to.

Oh, I don't want to hack the core at all. What Donna described is what I
had in mind. Touching these files at all is 'hacking the core'. Getting
at the field validation is just way too invasive. Hopefully the template
override option will work out and I won't have to leave the core hacks
in place.

Every time I tackle one of these problems I learn more, and realize I
know even less. It's like an adventure into an abyss. I'm gonna have to
start using a version control system to leave digital breadcrumbs. I've
got backup files all over the place.