[joomla] reconnect to mysql database

Stephen Britton steve at sbritton.com
Wed Oct 6 16:47:52 EDT 2010

Paul. Please tell me what you are trying to do? Choose A or B or is it
something else?

A) Are you moving the Joomla website from one server to another server?

B) Is the Joomla site on the same server and you moved it to a
different part of the server or did you delete the old Joomla site and
reinstalled a new one?

I am assuming that you are trying to do A. If that is the case, here
is a tutorial that worked for me. It's old, but PHPMyAdmin hasn't
changed much in the past four years.

http://www.howtojoomla.net/2006092518/how-tos/miscellaneous/how-to-export-your-joomla-database-with-phpmyadmin