[joomla] Customizing a Registration Form

Ted Coyle ted.coyle at nutrigraphix.com
Fri Oct 15 11:06:40 EDT 2010

What is the best way to extend the built in registration form? I am offering downloads, but am forcing users to register before they are able to download. Here is a list of what I would like to capture in that registration form:

- Additional information such as business name, position, etc.

- An option to join the newsletter

- A way to tie this form to the newsletter subscriber list

There are a lot Form Extensions out there, but it is confusing trying to chose one. I am combing form collection, user registration, and list management.  I am also not sure what extension to use for sending the emails. One configuration I looked at was RS Forms and RS Mail - it seems like they could work together to do what I need.

If someone has an idea for easing this kind of setup I would be appreciative.

Ted