[joomla] Team Development

Paul Bouzakis nyphp at zooluserver.com
Thu Sep 2 10:16:45 EDT 2010

  On 9/2/2010 10:10 AM, Mitch Pirtle wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Paul Bouzakis<nyphp at zooluserver.com>  wrote:
>>   What are some best practices building a Joomla site with a team.
> 1) Use scm - git, subversion, something, ANYTHING! hehe
Using SVN at the moment, so we are good here.   What exactly are you
putting in the svn?  Do you put the whole project in there?  Or just the
theme and any custom extensions you are developing?  What about 3rd
party extensions?  Does everyone working on the project have to install
the extensions themselves?
> 2) JoomlaPack - that provides a GUI to export/import, maybe that is
> what should be going into your scm so everyone is looking at the same
> data?
Sounds great.  Will start using that right away.
> I always setup several servers, dev, test, and www (production).
> That's been the easiest way for me to make sure everyone on the team
> is looking at the same thing, and also ensures that testing and
> debugging can be done on the exact same environment as production
> (further limiting unwanted surprises).
What is your setup here?  Everyone has their own local environment and
installation?  How do you manage extension installs?