[joomla] coda IDE

Stephen Britton steve at sbritton.com
Tue Sep 7 15:48:43 EDT 2010

Coda is great for templates. I do the initial design in either
Fireworks or Photoshop and then slice up the PSD and code the CSS and
DIV tags in Coda. I will then test the code as a plain HTML page in
various browsers and OS's. Once I am happy with the results, I will
then turn the code into a template using MAMP.

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Paul Elliott
<joomlanyc at upshotmagazine.com> wrote:
> I'm developing my template design skills with CSS and all.
> This seemed like a good program.
>
> On Sep 7, 2010, at 3:33 PM, Stephen Britton wrote:
>
>> I've used Coda for several years and it has a preview tab that works
>> with Safari making it excellent for designing pages with CSS and HTML
>>
>> Coda has native PHP highlighting and also has a clip system that
>> allows you to create your code snippets, which is great for working on
>> frameworks as well as Drupal, Joomla and WordPress themes.
>>
>> But it you are going to be doing lots of back end coding, TextMate is
>> a better option. Coda is for designers. TextMate is for programmers.
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Paul Elliott
>> <joomlanyc at upshotmagazine.com> wrote:
>>> has anyone ever used Coda?
>>> If so, what do you think of it?
>>>
>>> http://www.panic.com/coda/