[joomla] Weird #$@!!^@! redirect happening - HEEeeLLP!!!

Herb Tucker htucker at covenanttek.com
Tue Sep 28 12:35:18 EDT 2010

Thanks for the tip Donna.
What I did find out was it appears to be somehow caused by Akeeba Backup
itself or some corruption to the archive but I'm still completely in the
dark how that would initiate a redirect.
The Warnings window in AB would open during the backup but only dotted lines
would show where a message should be. The backup would complete
successfully. I deleted the all the site files on the test server, deleted
the DB and uninstalled Akeeba Backup 3.1 (I had just updated from v3.0). I
reinstalled AB3.0 created another archive and installed it on the test
server. Everything works fine, thanks be to God!
I can't figure any means that would create a redirect to the original site
other that an .htaccess file (I deleted it), an SEF extension perhaps (I was
only using Joomla core and I disabled it) or some other extension (there
aren't any installed extensions that would have anything to do with a
redirect) so I'm still baffled. I suspect AB may not be the actual cause of
this either as the dotted line warnings from AB 3.1 may not have anything at
all to do with the redirect error.
If anyone can shed some light on what other possible mechanism for a
redirect exists I would appreciate hearing from you.
Cheers!
Herb

Herbert M. Tucker
Principal