[joomla] Drupal vs Joomla/Mambo vs WordPress: An Experienced Developer’s Perspective(?)

Donna Marie Vincent donnamarievincent at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 05:18:34 EDT 2011

Greg, why do you say "he may actually be making valid points" while in the next
sentence admitting "I can't speak to the veracity of Alec's statements"?

I can tell you that this article is inaccurate.  The author says Joomla has a
built-in forum.  Joomla does NOT.  He says the SEO plugin is encrypted.  Joomla
is GPL, so where's the encryption.  What is he referring to here, the SEF?  That
is definitely not encrypted.

Most people who knock Joomla haven't looked at it since 1.0, when it was Mambo.

I don't know why he's calling it a fractured community.  Most people using
Joomla in 2011 don't even know there is a Mambo.  Mambo has gone the way of
phpNuke.  It's off the map.  Their last security announcement was 05-09-2009.