[joomla] April Joomla NYC meeting recap

Stephen Britton sbritton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 11:41:12 EDT 2011

I want to thank everyone who attended last night's Joomla NYC meeting.

We had a good crowd, including three new faces. It's great to see more
people using Joomla.

Among the high lights: the lightning round, where questions were asked
and answered involving Joomla 1.6 adoption and Amazon's S3 service.
Elin Waring gave a great tutorial on how to create a plug-in to add
additional fields in Joomla 1.6's native contact form.

Extra thanks to Scott for ordering the pizza and Stuart for bringing
up the Poland Spring.

See you all next month!

--
Stephen Britton