[joomla] SSH

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 10:33:46 EST 2011

On 12/5/2011 10:21 AM, Larry Kluger wrote:
> Re an SSH installer:
>
> Hi Gary,
>
> If your goal is wide usage of your tool, then I'd recommend against
> solely using ssh. -- Maybe use ssh as an alternative interface.

My goal is about half a dozen people so I don't face the mind suck of
building a tool that only makes sense to myself.

Primarily though, it's a tool for my own use because jumping through the
GUI install steps is tedious and boring.  I'd much rather run
"jconsole.phar -i /var/www/mynewsite.com -d joomladb -u dbuser -p
dbpassword"

And have it install everything and setup without doing the step by step
install.

Mind you, for others, remembering all that stuff[or looking it up each
time] is more time consuming and tedious than using the web installation
package - so that should still exist.