[joomla] RocketTheme: use it with moderation

Helvécio da Silva helvecio.rj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 18:21:18 EST 2011

I'm very dissapointed with RocketTheme.

I chose one of their themes to redesign the site for a client. I thought it
would save me time, then I realized it's gonna make me WASTE time, trying to
find a solution for a problem they created.

This theme displays a Latest News area on the frontpage. Anyone who knows
Joomla for a sometime time is led to believe it is the Latest News module
placed in a position. AFTER purchasing the theme I found out it's a BIG
FAKE. It uses some hard coding inside an article display this article as
intros and nothing is created dynamically.

A template should be a straight forward solution. The way it is, it's no
life saver, but the Titanic!

Others have complained about this and they recommend us to use K2 and figure
it out by ourselves how to accomplish what should be there straight away.
Unacceptable!

Rocket Theme seems not to care for their customers AT ALL.

I don't like dealing with a business that treats their costumers this way,
after all, this is a PAID club.

I will DEFINETELY NOT recommend it.

I was warned by a Joomla Wizard not to use Rocket Theme. Now I understand
why.

--
Helvecio "Elvis" da Silva
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil - helvecio.rj at gmail.com