[joomla] BC vs. Joomla

Helvécio da Silva helvecio.rj at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 09:28:55 EST 2011

I took a look and it's not clear if and how it can be used in other
languages than english.This is important to me as my target audience is not
english speaking.

Some international payment methods are missing. Also important, because my
target audiences uses a local payment method that offers services that
PayPal won't.

There's a monthly fee to use the service. It's not much, still, it's there.
And by being commercial, it lacks the appeal Joomla has.

As Donna mentioned, her friend is graphic artist. Perhaps she is comfortable
with a solution that won't need the knowledge of programming. I'm a graphic
designer and I relate to that. I can't create code, but I feel comfortable
looking into it and changing what I need to.

Adobe BC seems to be a threat to Joomla just like any other CMS out there.

2010/12/15 Donna Marie Vincent <donnamarievincent at yahoo.com>

> Is Adobe Business Catalyst a threat to Joomla!?
>
> I have a colleague who now prefers it to Joomla for her clients.  Her
> comments when I asked her about it:
>
> "...it does cost more per month, but I appreciate having tech support and
> upgrades being done by Adobe instead of me installing patches. I like that
> you can do real preview of pages or save drafts of pages for internal review
> before publishing it. And I really like their web apps feature which allows
> you to easily build your own components. So I built a custom portfolio for
> my site, job boards, staff listings, etc. I am also thoroughly impressed
> with their ecommerce so far. I find it really easy to customize will great
> functionality in terms or cross selling, attributes, and grouping products."

Helvecio "Elvis" da Silva
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil - helvecio.rj at gmail.com
http://www.helvecio.com - http://blog.helvecio.com