[joomla] MAMP not working

Stephen Britton sbritton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 11:41:25 EST 2011

I'm using MAMP right now and I have used several versions for many
years. The only times when I have encountered problems was when I
tried to run another application that uses port 80, like Skype or
Google Voice.

What other programs are you running? I have a hunch that there is
something blocking port 80. Are you trying to view MAMP through a web
browser or some type of IDE like Net Beans or Aptana? What happens
when you try to bring up PHPmyadmin? Try disconnecting your Internet
connection and see if that works.