[joomla] Setting home page meta tags

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 11:47:35 EDT 2011

On 7/13/2011 7:06 AM, Mark Holberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to be able to create meta tags for just the home page for
> Joomla 1.5 sites.
>
> Individual page meta for other pages works fine for me as do existing
> URLs.
>
> Everything I have tried so far is overkill or comes up short.
>
> Recommendations for a method or extension appreciated.

Well, for dead simple:
Copy your current template to a new folder and edit it to give it a new
name.

Place your meta tags directly in the template.

Assign that template to the home page through a menu.

Depending on how your homepage/frontpage is defined - you could do the
same thing using a template override for the view being used there[if
your using the "frontpage/featured" content view for the homepage and no
other pages, you can create a template override for just featured
articles and hard code it there.

Dead simple, maximum flexibility.  Not sure if this would be considered
overkill or not.