[joomla] Adding html to sidebar module

Helvécio da Silva helvecio.rj at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 10:53:33 EDT 2011

Hi Thad

When adding HTML code to an article, you should enter HTML mode in your
editor. TinyMCE has a HTML button on its toolbar.

I suggest you install JCEditor, if you haven't. It's got some extra features
that are quite interesting.

Actually, with JCEditor all you'll have to do in your custom module is
upload the logo image you want, then apply the link. All this directly in
your article window.

Hope this helps,

2011/6/2 Thad Jasonis <tjasonis at gmail.com>

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've made some good progress learning Joomla, but have hit another snag.
> I'm trying to get html to show in a small module (in this case a better
> business bureau link with logo), but it's doing one of two things.  If I put
> the code directly into the modules content field, it simply just displays
> the code on the page.  If I create an article and point it to that module,
> it just has the articles title as a link, which then goes to a page that has
> the code on it.
>
> I did some searching and only found some extensions that said they could
> allow this, but when I tried to install it, it gives me the 'cannot find
> joomla xml setup file' message.  So then tried to find where to ftp it to,
> but all the results kept coming up with other extensions to manage ftp
> uploads to a Joomla site.  Where do extensions get uploaded to, and do I
> even need an extension for this?
>
> The link is www.thefinancefixer.com/joomla and it is the module on the
> right side which says "BBB Link".
>
> Thanks in advance,