[joomla] JOB: Project Manager at PICnet

Ryan W. Ozimek cozimek at picnet.net
Tue Mar 22 12:00:05 EDT 2011

Hi Joomla friends,

The PICnet penguins are looking to add another ** project manager ** to our
team!  Please feel free to forward on to all those you think would be
interested.

Details below and at http://www.picnet.net/about-us/jobs.

Best,
Ryan

---------------------------------

PICnet (www.picnet.net) is an energetic, innovative Web development firm
changing the face of the online non-profit world using open source software.
We're looking to add another stellar Project Manager to our team, delivering
the high-quality service our non-profit, association, and advocacy clients
expect.

We're specifically looking for fun individuals from our non-profit sector
with experience in the Web development process (Joomla experience is a huge
plus).  Additionally, with our extensive Salesforce.com integration,
experience with Salesforce.com are points in the candidate's favor too!

Our Non-Profit Soapbox platform (www.nonprofitsoapbox.com) is a Joomla-based
content management system used by non-profits and socially responsible
businesses to easily manage their Web communications.  We're looking to keep
up with demand by adding the right project management talent to our team.

*** What you're in for ***

At PICnet, we provide a unique environment for non-profits to build their
online presence.  Our high-touch, high-quality service is what separates
from the crowd and keeps our client list expanding.

The individual who takes this position will have basic knowledge of the Web
development process and stellar communication skills.  Juggling multiple
projects at the same time is the name of the game, and working alongside Red
Bull craving developers brings to life the solutions our non-profits need.

*** What to bring to the table ***

Although the position does not require a Web programming background, a
strong understanding of the Joomla CMS is definitely helpful.  You should
have a bachelor's degree, great references, and excellent communication
skills.  Experience working with Joomla at a non-profit, or delivering
awesome services to Web or communication consulting shops, is also a big
plus.

After all the hard work, you'll need to be willing to have fun, play
putt-putt golf in the office, and enjoy the sight of 3' tall inflatable
penguins. The right applicant will not only have the basic tech
qualifications, but will truly enjoy working for the non-profit sector.

You've gotta have heart.  You've gotta be passionate about public service
and the social sector.

*** The not so fine print ***

* Position will be in-house, at our Dupont Circle location (no consultants
please), doors away from our CEO's favorite burrito shop in DC

* Salary commensurate with experience

* To apply, please send cover letter and resume to jobs at picnet.net,
attention Julie Dennis.  IMPORTANT: Include your salary
history/requirements.

* In resume or cover letter, explain your past work experience in either the
non-profit or public service sectors. Also, please list any content
management experience you've had, particularly any you've had with Joomla.

Empower your organization with a new Web site!
Non-Profit Soapbox
http://www.nonprofitsoapbox.com

Ryan W. Ozimek
PICnet, Inc. - http://www.picnet.net
1605 Connecticut Ave, NW, 3rd Floor
Washington, DC 20009

T: http://www.twitter.com/cozimek
"Empowering the missions of non-profits through technology"