[joomla] 404 page

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Fri May 13 10:35:43 EDT 2011

That is interesting.  Apparently this "feature" was removed from the
content component.

http://www.joomdaddy.com/programming-tricks/joomla-1-6-redirect-to-login-instead-of-no-authorization-message/

Between 1.6.1 and 1.6.3 they removed the option.

The easy answer is to replace lines 104-111 with the code in that article.

The downside is that means you need to replace them everytime you
upgrade the core.

A better answer would be to create a system plugin to run before the
view and check the access when loading content pages and redirect if you
want.