[joomla] trying to determine what extensions I will need

Ellen Rothwax ellen.rothwax at gmail.com
Thu May 19 17:03:38 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I am looking for some guidance and direction from those of you who are more
experienced. I have a list of requirements for a website and I am trying to
determine what extensions I will need to accomplish all this. I am not
intimately familiar with all the necessary components so I am not sure if
some overlap in functionality and if they ‘play nicely’ together. These are
the requirements and the extensions I am considering using. I am open to
suggestions if you think another extension is more appropriate or if one is
unnecessary because it is redundant.I will probably be using use 1.5,
because I know I will need help and will find more answers in Forums for 1.5
than 1.6.

SOBI2 or Mosets Tree

·         Promote small business’s service and products through a directory

·         Have multi-level membership

o        free for a basic listing

o        fee for higher tiers, which would allow them to 'talk' with other
members; barter with other members; higher tiers of advertising benefits
(better listing by industry, logo, video) ratings; articles about them.

·         Showcase featured businesses

AEC Subscription manager

·         Payment with automated monthly subscriptions

iJoomla Ad Agency

·         Banner advertisements

JComments

·         Have an Ask the Expert area—Select ‘Experts” would have a Bio page
where visitors can ask questions; expert can answer; can archive; visible to
public.

JomSocial or Community Builder

·         Have members able to interact with each other – members have a
Profile; can ‘poke’ others; post comments; network; barter; share etc.

JEvents

·         List events; webinars, seminars, expos, conferences

DTRegister

·         Have members able to sign up for the events and pay

Am I missing something? Will all these extensions cover all the
requirements?Will the login/registration/users/members be in one place or
will each component require it's own login/registration/user? Is there a way
around this?

I appreciate any advise you can give me.

Thanks,

Ellen

--
Ellen Rothwax