[joomla] Need help adding new footer module position in Joomla 1.7 Gantry/RocketTheme template

Herbert Tucker htucker at covenanttek.com
Sat Oct 1 14:03:55 EDT 2011

Hi All,
Can anyone point me to where I can get some help to add a new module
position under the current footer in a RocketTheme/Gantry template using
Joomla1.7?
The current Gantry docs are all for J1.5 and things are different under
J1.7.
I've added code to a number of the relevant files and I've managed to
get the new position to show in the template manager>layouts and it
shows in the backend when I attempt to add a module but it doesn't show
up in the html :(
Thanks,
Herb Tucker